Global Teach-In 2020: #democratizethecrisis May 26, 2020
A participatory space where you help build solutions with
David Graeber, Dario Padovan and Hillary Wainwright.
● When is the Global Teach-In on May 26, 2020?
7:00 Los Angeles and San Francisco
9:00 Madison, Wisconsin
10:00 Ann Arbor; Boston; La Paz; and New York City
14:00 Accra, Ghana
15:00 Bamenda; Lagos
16:00 Copenhagen, Cologne, Johannesburg, Lusaka, Rome, Stockholm
19:30 New Delhi
● The Global Teach-In will address these questions:
1. After the corona crisis, will things go back to “normal”? If not, how do we democratize the crisis through short-term and long-term solutions?
2. How can we advance a Green New Deal on the global and national levels? What design criteria should it have and how do we generate the political power for it?
3. How can we promote the power of groups to innovate and produce locally in areas like health equipment, food, alternative energy and other critical areas?
4. How can we organize conversion processes to support a green, peaceful society?
5. How do we move beyond slow, piecemeal reforms to address the need for fast, systemic changes? How can we increase economic, political and media democracy?